Vilnius, 28 June 2003
The critical situation prevailing in the Palestinian and Israeli territories has deteriorated even further, in a way that peace in the wider region is jeopardized.
1. Expresses its concern at the deterioration of the situation in the Palestinian territories and at the consequences this deterioration brings upon the Palestinian and Israeli people.
2. Condemns the tactic of reciprocal revenge.
3. Condemns the confinement of movement of the legally elected political leaders.
4. Supports the dispatching of an international observer force to the Palestinian and Israeli territories in order to prevent further bloodshed.
5. Calls upon the two sides to support the peace process and to work consistently towards a just solution of the Palestinian-Israeli issue on the basis of the pertinent UN Resolutions and agreements between them, considering that such a solution will contribute to the progress and prosperity of both the Palestinian and Israeli peoples, but also to peace and stability in the whole of the Middle East and the Eastern Mediterranean region.