DEMOCRATIC ALIGNMENT (DIPA)
Place of origin and date of birth:
Kaimakli, Nicosia District, 25 February 1964.
Married to Theodora Michael; has one son and two daughters.
Business Administration [(concentrating in Marketing) (State University of New York, Albany, United States of America)] and MA in Public Administration (Mediterranean Institute of Management, Nicosia).
Municipal Secretary of Nicosia Municipality.
Representative of Nicosia constituency under the banner of the Democratic Party (DIKO) (June 2016-July 2020), independent (July 2020-October 2020), of the Democratic Forces Cooperation (October 2020-May 2021) and of DIPA since June 2021.
Has previously served as:
Deputy Chairperson of the House Standing Committee on Energy, Trade, Industry and Tourism and of the House Standing Committee on Financial and Budgetary Affairs.
Currently serves as:
– Chairperson of the House Standing Committee on Transport, Communications and Works.
– Member of the House Standing Committee on Internal Affairs, of the House Standing Committee on Labour, Welfare and Social Insurance, of the House Standing Committee on Institutions, Merit and the Commissioner for Administration (Ombudsman) and of the Ad Hoc House Committee on the Review and Update of the Rules of Procedure of the House of Representatives.
– Member of the delegation of the House to the Interparliamentary Assembly on Orthodoxy (IAO).
– President of the Kaimakli Local Committee of DIKO.
– Member of the Nicosia District Committee of DIKO.
– Member of the Central Committee of DIKO.
– Member of the Executive Bureau of DIKO (2003-2009, 2014, 2015-2020).
– General Secretary of DIKO (2014, September 2015-June 2018).